Tuesday 22 July 2014

Every Picture has a story.. this one went to war!


A few weeks ago I recieved an email for a serving soldier in Afganistan, the long and the short of it was that he was a fan of my work, had 10 months to go until coming home next March. His room/accomodation had no window and could I send him a painting on loan to brighten up his view?

He sent me picture to show how dismal it is.






Well after a bit of consideration and internet searching to make sure he was who he said he was... one has to be a little cautious, I sent one of my landscape paintings, in the hope that when he looks at it it will remind him of a traquil Engish dawn waiting for him when he gets back to our green and pleasant land. I think it does the job perfectly.


I explained to him that I didn't do loans, and that I don't want it back hopefully one day when he's chief of staff he'll give me an MOD contract :0)... actually it's good do a kindness and he deserves it for his cheekyness and lateral thinking, which afterall is what makes our army better than most.