Thursday 7 October 2010

Apologies to the lorry driver! and have your camera handy.


"Rainbow over Glen Docherty"

Probably one of my favourite shots, Compositionally it has everything, a disappearing road, the sea, a croft, mountains, sheep, heather, and of course the rainbow. Short of a man in a kilt throwing the caber it could not get more Scottish?


Even without the rainbow it's still a pretty good image. Did I plan it.. well I confess no. I was driving along and out popped the rainbow sometimes you just get lucky, but when you do it's best to have your camera handy. Apologies to the driver of the cement lorry behind me who got the shock of his life when I screeched to a halt on this mountain road early in the morning. It's a good job he was awake.


If you like this you can always visit my website: www.simonsgallery.com