Wednesday 4 June 2014

Art Commission

A client had seen one of my earlier small works and emailed me to ask if I could reproduce a larger painting in the same style and colours. I was happy to oblige.

The original was painted onto an mdf panel and was an abstract landscape with the title "Summer Storm".

As the commissioned work was to be larger to hang in a space above a sofa I suggested that the new work be painted onto canvas, as the larger size would make using mdf too heavy.

I remained faithful to the colour palette of the original for this commission & tried, and I think succeeded, in achieving the same level of intensity, light & movement.

It's great to be able to create something individual for a client, and from their standpoint they get exactly what they want to fit with their interior design.

I have given the new work the title of "Summer Storm Passing", a promise of brighter horizons to come, and as for the client's reaction... in their words..... "WOW!"

As you can see from the images below it certainly was a lovely work and one I was very pleased with.



If you would like to commission a work of art for your space, then just go to my website and take a look at the various styles and individual works I've created past and present. I'm always happy to work with you to create something special for your particular needs which is unique to you.


art direct from the artist