Saturday 8 March 2014

Spring Blossom




The first warm days of spring have brought the blossom out here at simonsgallery.com Mixing the splash art style in a more controlled manner with the floral theme these blossom paintings just seem to work.

The inspiration came while cycling through the Great Park in Windsor one morning as the first flush of spring blossom lit up the hedgerows. I wasn't sure I'd be able reproduce the essence of what I saw, but I'm very pleased with the way these work, a great blend of style and theme and very satisfying for an artist.

I'm looking forward to experimenting with different colours and these paintings just seem to work perfectly reflecting the colours of the season against clear blue skies. They certainly are a great focal point for any modern interior design.