Wednesday 30 January 2013

3 Ways to Identify an Artist

When I first started painting, not knowing any better, I purchased my paint in small 50ml tubes, and had virtually every hue available to me. I soon realised that a more limited pallet produced less garish paintings, and that buying paint in a larger sized 2.5 litre bucket was far more cost effective and convenient.

I've also noticed something else too. A pathological reluctance to ever throw away a paint brush. I must now have over 350 in various stages of use, and although some of them are only good for stirring paint I just can't bring myself to throwing them away.

Finally, I now have a lot of clothes covered in paint! probably more with paint on than without. Common sense tells me to always change into some old clothes when painting, but if the creative muse comes along all that just goes straight out of the window. If you exhibit any or all of the above attributes, it's just possible that you're an artist!